Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Evansville Country Club has an opening for an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent. The job is a full time position. The club has a full-time crew of 8 while expanding to 15 during the peak golfing season. The Assistant at ECC will be trained to understand the responsibilities of being a top performing Golf Course Superintendent. We require a good and positive attitude with the willingness to learn new things. The candidate will be joining a hard working but veteran maintenance team. The course has zoysiagrass tees and fairways. Our putting surfaces are both USGA spec and pushup style consisting of “Penncross” creeping bentgrass. Our bunkers are newly renovated to the Better Billy Bunker method. In 2018 the club installed new Toro Infinity sprinkler heads on the greens and their surrounds. Our central controls have been updated to Toro Lynx.
This position requires at peak season work week of 50 hours while settling back to 43 hours during the winter months. We work hard and service the members at a top level while considering and working around family life. The past two assistant’s have moved on to service other clubs as Head Golf Course Superintendents within 2-4 years. The candidate will be involved with club communications, green committee meetings and staff meetings.
Turf related certificate or Turf related degree is preferred (May 2019 graduates are being considered). Candidates that have adequate experience with no further education from high school will also be considered.
- Club paid Health and Dental insurance after 90 days
- 3% match on a 401K plan
- 1 week paid vacation after 1 year of employment
- Expenses paid for attending local and regional education conferences
- Dues paid for local, regional and national associations
- 2 weeks sick pay after 1 year of employment
- 3 paid personal days after 1 year of employment
- Uniforms provided
- Friday lunch provided
- Annual Bonus in December
- Daily Course Set-up
- Application of fertilizers and plant protectants to golf course, flowerbeds and club grounds
- Assist in-house construction work
- Irrigation Repair and troubleshooting
- Assist in full greenhouse operation
- Manage crew while Superintendent is absent
- Work closely with Superintendent on daily work schedule
- Perform daily mowing practices
Please apply to Jeff Sexton, CGCS via email at firstname.lastname@example.org