Turf Service Technician
Location: Hazelwood, MO
Apply Online at https://www.turfwerks.com/careers/
Turfwerks, based in Johnston, Iowa, is a leading distributor of golf course and turf equipment. Operating in nine Midwest states, the company sells new and used whole goods to clients, in addition to parts and service. Clients include golf courses, sports complexes, parks and recreation facilities, university athletic fields and commercial landscaping businesses.
Turfwerks is hiring a full-time Service Technician to maintain and repair all brands of equipment including Jacobsen, Ventrac, Smithco, and Turfco. We are looking for a dedicated employee with excellent technical skills who can deliver outstanding service to our customers.
- Repair the mechanical, hydraulic, gas, diesel, and electrical systems of turf equipment
- Load and transport equipment to customer location; unload and set-up equipment for customer use
- Prepare and submit, accurate, complete work orders and labor reports in a timely manner
- Maintain a clean, safe work area and adhere to all safety procedures
- Maintain positive customer relations through professional interactions
- Act as back-up to parts department by answering customer calls and gaining inventory knowledge to fill orders when needed
- Attend training as required
- Able to identify mechanical issues, adjust, repair and overhaul equipment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and negotiate with people at all levels
- Working knowledge of diagnostic equipment, procedures schematics and diagrams
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills; able to balance multiple priorities and demands simultaneously
- One to two years of experience in repairing/maintaining equipment preferred
- Basic computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Outlook and operate industry-specific software
- The demand of this position often requires a high level of physical endurance. Work is medium to heavy requiring a minimum exertion of 75 lbs of force occasionally and 25 lbs of force frequently to life and move objects.
- Noise level associated with this position is usually moderate but can fluctuate between being occasionally quiet and sometimes very loud.
- While performing the requirements of this job, employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand, reach with hands and arms, bend, stoop, kneel, and crouch for extended periods.
- Feeling, handling and grasping with the hands when performing repairs or maintenance of equipment by using hand tools, power tools, air tools, nuts, bolts, small parts is required
- Full-time, benefits-eligible position
- Fast paced work environment where customer service is the number one priority.
- Most often, work is performed in an indoor service bay, however outdoor work may occasionally be required, sometimes in adverse weather conditions including extreme cold and heat.
- In general, work occurs during regular business hours, Monday - Friday; however work outside normal hours, including overtime and weekend hours are required during peak seasons and to meet service deadlines
- Day travel is required occasionally; overnight travel is seldom required
- This position reports to the Turfwerks General Manager and works closely with the Turf Service Manager on work orders; has frequent contact with other service technicians, warehouse staff, and customers
- Technicians must supply his/her own hand tools; specialty tools are supplied at Turfwerks’ discretion
- Final candidate must successfully pass a criminal background and motor vehicle records check; a valid driver’s license is required
Pay and Benefits
- Starting pay range $18 - $22 per hour commensurate with skill and experience
- Benefit package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life, 401(k), ESOP, Paid Time Off, Boot and Tool Allowance