Position Title: Superintendent
Date of Notice: May 29, 2018
Job Location: The Country Club of St. Albans
Start Date: August 2018
Reports to: Director of Golf Course Maintenance
Send Cover Letter and Resume to: Bill Maynard, CGCS firstname.lastname@example.org
Much of the character of The Country Club of St. Albans stems from its magnificent surroundings. The natural beauty of rolling hills, wooded terrain, valleys, lakes and natural wildlife completed the design with a true reverence for the rich history of the area. In 1991, the award winning architectural firm of Tom Weiskopf and Jay Morrish were selected to design and build the Lewis and Clark course. The course and the prestigious St. Albans clubhouse opened in November of 1992. Our second course, Tavern Creek was designed by the golf architectural team of Dr. Michael Hurdzan and Dana Fry and opened in June of 1997. Both courses have been ranked in the Top 10 in Missouri since opening.
Responsible for all activities related to the care and maintenance of the golf course, grounds, and equipment. Plan and implement budgets. Hire, train and supervise staff. Apply relevant landscaping, horticultural principles to assure that quality standards are consistently achieved and/or exceeded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the annual maintenance budget and operating plan. Implement the plan according to Company operating policies and procedures to ensure cost containment.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure quality standards are achieved at minimum employee cost.
- Maintain the golf course in proper playing condition according to Company standards.
- Develop and maintain drainage, irrigation, pumping and water reservoir systems.
- Supervise all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, and trees on the golf course and grounds. Develop and implement a fertilizer, aeration and Integrated Pest Management program for proper turf grass and plant care.
- Supervise course construction projects.
- Supervise equipment maintenance and repair operations. Establish and implement a cleaning and preventative maintenance program for appropriate equipment, tools, vehicles, etc.
- Ensure maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, equipment repair areas, equipment storage areas, chemical and fertilizer storage areas, receiving areas, washing areas, lunch room areas, restrooms, etc.
- Implement and monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Maintain accurate records for pertaining to department activities including, but not limited to, labor schedules, course maintenance, construction activities, equipment repair, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer and chemical applications and pest control practices.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- College degree required.
- 5 years applicable functional, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Assistant Superintendent; Maintenance Foreman; Pesticides Application Specialist; Irrigation Specialist; Equipment Operators; Equipment Technician; Laborers
Full-time, Non-Seasonal, Salaried, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer