Persimmon Woods Golf Club
Weldon Spring, MO
Job Title: Second Assistant Golf Course Superintendent/Assistant-in-Training
Join the team that cares for one of the Top Private Golf Clubs in the State of Missouri!
Persimmon Woods Golf Club, located 30 miles west of downtown St. Louis, is seeking an energetic, team-oriented individual with turfgrass experience to take a leadership role in our organization. We offer competitive pay, a schedule that understands work-life balance for those working in the golf industry, great benefits and a professional and relaxed environment.
The 2nd Assistant or Assistant-in-Training (AIT) reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent. Under the superintendent's supervision, the Assistant or AIT participates in the maintenance of the golf course.
Duties and Responsibilities
|· Assist in planning, supervising and maintaining the golf course.
Necessary Skills and Attributes
|Required Credentials and Experience|
· 2 or 4 year degree in agronomy or related field.
· Working knowledge of everyday maintenance practices on the golf course.
· Application experience with fertilizers, herbicides, and insecticides.
· Experience with general irrigation repairs
· Possession of a valid driver's license.
· Obtain/Maintain current Missouri Pesticide Applicator License.
Compensation and Benefits
· $20-23 per hour, time-and-a-half for hours worked in addition to 40 per week
· Professional Association Dues paid to GCSAA and MVGCSA.
· 80 Hours of Paid Vacation after six months of employment
· Personal and Sick Days
· Uniform Allowance
· Health Insurance per Employee Manual
· Dental Insurance per employee Manual
· Simple IRA per Employee Manual
· Some golf privileges
· And more!!!
To apply, please contact: Robert Ritchey, CGCS
| Persimmon Woods Golf Club
6401 Weldon Spring Road
Weldon Spring, MO 63304