Assistant in Training – Chemical Technician
Old Hickory Golf Club, St. Peters, MO.
Old Hickory Golf Club is an 18-hole private facility designed by P.B. Dye. The Chemical Technician/AIT is an hourly position that reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent. This position requires 40-50 hours in season and 40 out of season October 1st through March 1st.
- Individuals must have 1-2 years of golf course maintenance experience. Seeking an individual that has experience in hand watering, chemical and fertilizer applications and calibration.
- Individual who possesses a positive attitude, passion for the turf industry, and desire to work in a team atmosphere.
- Self-motivated, positive and enthusiastic team player who displays strong leadership skills.
- A desire to pursue a career as a golf course superintendent.
- Works with Superintendent to ensure annual golf course budget and capital plans are maintained and followed.
- Assists in the planning, and direction of the maintenance and sometimes construction or golf course.
- Understands basic equipment maintenance.
- Keeps records of annual maintenance activities and costs, assists with preparation of reports.
- Assists in daily applications of chemicals and fertilizers along with record keeping.
- Understands the basics of irrigation maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Will assist in all cultural practices.
- Give direction with team members and assist in scheduling of projects to be completed.
- Possess or obtain a Missouri Pesticide License.
- Be well versed in all aspects of day-to-day course setup and maintenance.
Hourly Wage: $14 - $16 per hour.
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, 401K, Paid vacation.
Job Application Instructions
Email applications to David Pini, Golf Course Superintendent, email@example.com