Oak Brook Golf Club- Golf Course Superintendent
History: Oak Brook Golf Club in Edwardsville, Illinois was built in 1972 by the Suhre family. Still owned and operated by the Suhres, the 27-hole public golf course is known for its quality staff and excellent course conditions. We love the game of golf and are looking for someone to share in our passion.
- Degree in turf management preferred but not required.
- Current Illinois Pesticide Application License required (or ability to acquire before the spraying season).
- Responsible for all spray schedules, applications, and record keeping.
- Proven experience in agronomy, course maintenance, chemical application, water management, and staff management is required.
- Experience in maintaining and repairing irrigation systems.
- Demonstrate experience in establishing and managing preventative maintenance systems for equipment and making necessary repairs when needed.
- Knowledge of Toro Lynk System is preferred but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary for hiring, training, and managing employees/coworkers, helping to create an organization which delivers outstanding customer service and a positive work environment.
- Positive attitude, appropriate appearance and professional manner are necessary at all times.
- 3 years minimum experience as a Golf Course Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent.
- Knowledge of transition zone grasses and maintenance is a must; Bent grass, Zoysia, Bermuda and Kentucky Blue Grass maintenance is required.
Job- Full Time
Salary commensurate with experience
Send cover letters, resumes and references to:
Mike Suhre firstname.lastname@example.org
9157 Fruit Road
Edwardsville, Il 62025