LOCATION: ST. LOUIS, MO (Bridgeton, MO)
DATE JOB PUBLICIZED: JANUARY 3, 2020
LAST DAY PUBLICIZED: JANUARY 10, 2020
SUMMARY: Directs warehousing activities for organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees. Must primarily perform office or non-manual work directly related to management policies or general business operations. Also, must exercise independent choice and judgment in matters of consequence 50% or more of the time. Must supervise two employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current for the St. Louis location.
- Inspects physical condition of warehouse, equipment, and vehicles. Prepares work order for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment or vehicles. Maintains monthly truck reports.
- Hires and trains necessary staff to operate the facility (excluding sales staff).
- Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with activities of other functions such as production, sales, records control, purchasing, and compliance.
- Directs salvage of damaged or used material.
- Participates in planning personnel safety and plant protection activities (M.S.D.S.) to comply with OSHA, EPA, and DOT regulations.
- Handles walk‑in sales and works with supplier’s representatives.
- Insures that all drivers conform to D.O.T. regulations.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Reliable and regular attendance is expected.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma. Supervisory and agricultural experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Good communication skills.
- Operation of Forklift
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply please contact:
314-703-6312 (work cell)