Forest Hills Country Club
Position Available: Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Forest Hills Country Club is seeking to fill an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent Position. The position is a salary position that reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent. Under the Golf Course Superintendent’s supervision and direction, the Assistant oversees the management of hourly associates in their daily activities. The Assistant will have latitude to give input at any time the need warrants. The Assistant is expected to lead by example, train staff members and promote and foster a positive work atmosphere for all staff members to work in. The candidate must exemplify a team atmosphere to all other departments within the club.
Deadline: Resumes will be accepted through October 23, 2019. Resumes can be sent to email@example.com
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Management and daily scheduling of hourly staff within the Superintendents direction assuring completion of assignments at the highest quality of standards.
- Daily use of ABS Task Tracker for hourly labor accounting
- Hand watering greens by adapting to our philosophy using TDR Moisture Meter to achieve daily desired percent moisture.
- Assist with pesticide and fertilizer applications when the need arises.
- Assist the Golf Course Superintendent with budget development
- Maintain payroll hours and record keeping of all associates
- Adhere to all club rules and policies including employee safety
- Two to four-year degree in Turfgrass Management, Horticulture, Agriculture Science from an accredited university or community college.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Missouri Turf and Ornamental Pesticide license within 90 days of employment
- Outstanding communication and self-motivation skills
- Self-motivated, positive and enthusiastic team player
- Able to provide respectful and professional member service daily
- Is responsive to management and/or designates
- Must be willing to stay late if it requires to meet our daily and weekly goals.
- Salary: $42,000 - $45,000 Annually (Negotiable)
- Paid annual vacation & sick leave
- Meals provided Tuesday – Friday or on weekends when necessary
- Membership dues paid for GCSAA and MVGCSA professional associations
- Expenses paid for attending GCSAA Education Conference & Golf Industry Show
- Expenses paid for attending monthly MVGCSA golf events as approved by Golf Course Superintendent
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Golfing privileges at Forest Hills Country Club on days other than Monday as approved by Golf Course Superintendent
- Boot re-imbursement program