Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED desired.
- Experience working for a golf course, landscaping irrigation service, commercial irrigation or the like desired.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Working knowledge of basic electricity and hydraulics related to an irrigation system, including
automatic valves and controllers and various types of pumps and pumping systems.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of turf grass management.
- Knowledge of pump station maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of tools, methods and materials used in grounds maintenance work.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role in emergency situations.
- Able to efficiently work in a fast-paced environment.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of all irrigation and drainage systems on the club’s
golf course and grounds work with other irrigation employees.
- Waters greens, tees, fairways, rough, lawns and other areas as needed or scheduled.
- Monitors daily water usage and informs of any needed adjustments to the irrigation computer settings.
- Operates irrigation heads in dry areas needing additional water.
- Designs, implements and maintains mechanical and electrical components of course irrigation system.
- Repairs equipment associated with irrigation (i.e., irrigation pipes and irrigation heads).
- Performs preventive maintenance on all equipment associated with irrigation.
- Maintains complete records on all equipment maintenance associated with irrigation.
- Controls expenses associated with irrigation equipment and activities.
- Maintains inventory of parts needed for irrigation equipment.
- Performs all record-keeping relative to irrigation system including weather and rainfall data; assists in recording fertilizer and pesticide applications.
- Performs monthly well and pump water usage reports.
- Helps in grading and preparing soil base, laying sod and seeding greens, tees and fairways.
- Assists in repairing greens with seeds or plugs of new grass when needed.
- Operates dump trucks and other light equipment in hauling materials and removing debris.
- May occasionally supervise crews for special projects.
Licenses and Special Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Able to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment which is typical of this position.
- Frequent lifting, bending, climbing, stooping and pulling.
- Frequent repetitive motions.
- Continuous standing and walking.
- May need to use some protective equipment, such as a respirator, gloves, earplugs, eye guards/visors,
boots and hat.
Certified Golf Course Superintendent
Bellerive Country Club | 314.434.4400
12925 Ladue Rd. | St. Louis, MO 63141