The Mississippi Valley GCSA (MVGCSA) was established in 1945 to promote and maintain the highest professional standards of service, commitment and conduct among the members of the turfgrass industry. Membership for the association will be deemed a significant indicator of individual responsibilities, character and professionalism. The MVGCSA offers a strong fellowship among all members, as well as a great deal of assistance in resolving problems that may arise at a member’s golf course. There are numerous educational opportunities within the association to help us maintain our goal, “Dedicated to Better Turf.
The MVGCSA Board of Directors is the sole governing body of this Association. These dedicated professionals are elected by the membership at the Annual Meeting, held in November of each year. The Board of Directors maintain and execute the operational procedures and programs of this Association in strict accordance with the MVGCSA Bylaws. Each Board Member readily accepts the Board Member Commitment Pledge, ensuring the continued professionalism, integrity and advancement of all aspects relative to the successful operation of the MVGCSA.
MVGCSA Committees 2019:
Following is the list of active MVGCSA Committees for the current year. Listed are the current Committee Chairmen, Co-Chairs and Committee members assigned to each specific Committee. As expressly encouraged of all MVGCSA members, should you have a desire to serve on any of these Committees listed, please contact the appropriate Committee Chairman and request to serve on that Committee.
(*as per bylaws)
1. EDUCATION*– monthly meetings, Shop Tour/MoGIC
Co-Chairs: Justen Patterson & Chris Finnerty Plus Assistant Liaisons
2. RESEARCH* – University research projects, scholarships, KIG, Green Cup
Co-Chairs: Dave Pini & Matt Czarnecki
3. MEMBERSHIP* – MV membership, GCSAA relations, Web Site, Gateway Green
Co-Chairs: Khris Rickman & John Briggs Plus Affiliate Liaisons
4. MEMBERSHIP OUTREACH* – Acknowledge individual MV members needs in difficult times
Chairman: John Briggs
5. ETHICS & BY-LAWS* – maintain established Association protocol and review potential violations
Chairman: Mike Null
6. HISTORICAL – assemble past and current MVGCSA information and data
Co-Chairs: Jim Buford & Tim Roethler Tim Burch
7. ROGER NULL INTERNSHIP PROGRAM – develop and establish criteria for this internship program
Chairman: Tim Roethler John Briggs, Dave Pini
8. NOMINATING* – Secure and recommend viable candidates for open seats on BOD
Chairman: Mike Null Tim Roethler, Chad Carpenter
9. AUDIT* – Review all monthly financial statements and year-end budget summary
Chairman: Rob Kick Chris Finnerty, John Briggs