GOLF COURSE MECHANIC
The City of Ballwin is accepting applications for the position of Golf Course Mechanic.
· Performs repairs on heavy equipment, mowers, and trucks, including routine maintenance service.
· Procures parts and materials for daily work operations.
· Solicits price comparisons for major repairs and replacement needs.
· Diagnosis and repairs mechanical, electrical, electronic and hydraulic equipment problems. Makes recommendations regarding in-house repair vs. custom repair work to supervisors.
· Coordinates with Superintendent and Facility Coordinator in preparation of vehicle and equipment specifications.
· Maintains detailed service and repair records.
· Maintains daily repair summary for supervisor’s review.
· Responsible for all tool inventory and its proper location and shop neatness and/or organization.
· Assist Superintendent and Facility Coordinator with budget preparation pertaining to future vehicle and mower equipment needs.
· Available to assist with routine park or golf course maintenance when needed.
· Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 100 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
The successful candidate must have high school diploma or equivalent, be a graduate of a vocational training course in automotive repair, small engine repair or have two years’ experience in golf course maintenance equipment repair. Applicants must also possess a valid Missouri Driver’s License, and Class 2 Commercial Driver’s License with a good driving record.
The starting salary is $47,045 with a comprehensive benefit package.
Questions can be directed to Chris Crocker, 636-227-8010. Apply at www.ballwin.mo.us
This position is open until filled. The City of Ballwin is an EOE.