Sunset Country Club
Founded in 1910, Sunset County Club is one of the oldest private clubs in St. Louis, featuring A1/A4 Bentgrass Greens, Zoysia Fairways and Tees. Sunset Country Club is searching for a self-motivated individual to take on the role of Assistant Superintendent. This role will work closely with the Superintendent to provide members the best golf experience possible.
The Assistant's responsibilities will include spraying, fertilization, irrigation repair, and assorted golf course duties as needed. Small projects and crew leadership will also be assigned. This position will work daily with the crew to prepare and maintain the golf course to the highest standards. The individual must be diligent and observant to ensure all details, daily tasks and projects are completed in a professional and timely manner. This is a great opportunity to learn valuable skills that will help someone advance in the industry.
- 2-4 year degree in Agronomy/Turfgrass Management (preferred)
- Working knowledge of maintenance practices on golf course greens, tees, fairways, ornamental plants; proper use of various fertilizers, pesticides, irrigation systems, and drainage control.
- Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; prepare clear and concise reports; maintain effective employee and public relations.
- Self-motivated, independent thinker with a positive team-focused attitude
- Knowledge and interest in the game of golf
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Possession of a valid driver's license
- Ability to possess a state pesticide applicator license
- Attend educational seminars and industry trade shows to keep up with current best practices.
- $38,000-$43,000 (yearly salary)
- Health Insurance and 401k
- Vacation and Sick time
- Local and National Association Dues
- Seminars and classes paid
- Golf Privileges
Sunset Country Club
9555 S. Geyer Road
St. Louis, MO 63127