BMM – May 2016

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – May 11, 2016 – Fox & Hound – Eschbacher/Randant

 

 

Mike Null

Rob Schaff

Jim Buford (A)

Kolby Armbruster

Dan  Randant

Paul Hurst – (A)

 

Tim Roethler

Khris Rickman

Rob Kick

Jimmy Bucher

Tim Doll – Website (A)

Ed Eschbacher

Greg Parkinson (A)

Justen Patterson

Tim Schwierjohn

Chuck Gast – DO

 

 

Presidents Report [Mike Null]

 

Approval of Minutes 4/13/16         Motion by  Tim Schwierjohn     Second by   Rob Schaff

 

Treasurer’s Report   [Jim Buford]  

Current balance reported:  $33,519.50

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Education [Tim Schwierjohn / Greg Parkinson/ Justen Patterson]

All is set for the Chapter Challenge May 23rd at Annbriar in Illinois. Shotgun set for 8 AM. John Daniels, USGA Regional Agronomist is the guest speaker. Still need a few more players to sign up.

Research [Rob Schaff / Rob Kick]

Green Cup 2016 at Greenbriar Hills all set. Tee prize glasses have been ordered. Motioned by Tim Roethler to set event entry fee at $160 per player. Second by Tim Schwierjohn. Motion passed unanimously. Food and golf fees to be set with Dave Klinkhammer/Greenbriar Hills.

KIG likely to occur in October of this year.

Committee to get with Dan Lloyd to gather idea’s for research topics. May utilize survey monkey to solicit topics from general membership. Ask membership for write-ins as well.

Membership [Khris Rickman]

3 new members presented for approval.

Roger Phillips – A – Cloverleaf GC

Matt Williams – C – Fox Run GC

Josh Briggs – C – Fox Run GC

Discussed likelihood of finding a replacement for Paul Hurst as Editor of the Gateway Green should he decide to step down after the 2016 season. Need long term plan. Keep Paul Involved. Possible topic of discussion at Annual Meeting.

Membership Outreach [Jim Buford]

No report. Donation to Cancer Research in the name of Rick Vogt has been completed.

Ethics/Bylaws [Tim Roethler]

No report

Director of Operations [Chuck Gast]

Reviewed event summary from the Season Opener at St Louis CC. Event log summary in note book.

Reviewed list noting number of MVGCSA members from clubs and companies. List entered into note book.

Reviewed event/tournament checklist for areas of assigned responsibilities. Require no less than 4 people needed 1.5 hours before scheduled start of events. Event checklist to be set prior to each event. Assignments made for both St Albans and Annbriar events.

New members who submit dues payment first part of year will have membership active until dues renewal the following year.

HAGCSA S&R event July 11th. Deadline for sign up June 27th.  Green Cup invite sent to HAGCSA.

Assistant Liaisons  [Jimmy Bucher / Kolby Armbruster]

Everything is set for the St Albans Assistant Superintendent event which was reschedule for May 19th. St Albans Assistant Superintendents will speak about their recent bunker renovation project.

Associate Liaisons  [Ed Eschbacher / Dan Randant]

No report

OLD BUSINESS: 

Potential dues increase discussed. No dues increase since 2006. Increase all dues except associates could earn an additional $3,500 for Association. Likely need to change Associate classification to Affiliate to stay in line with National. All will require presenting to general membership for vote at Annual meeting. Committee to develop list of tangible benefits of MVGCSA membership to justify dues increase (i.e. Annual dinner, educational credit points, Gateway Green, Shop Tour, etc.).

Contract to be drawn up by Chuck for Hospitality night between MVGCSA & HAGCSA.

NEW BUSINESS:

Discussed tough year for Greg Parkinson at Tapawingo. Greg had requested possibly stepping down from the BOD. Null will talk to Greg. Board wants to try to keep Greg on board through the rest of his term.

Khris Rickman discussed public outreach to area baseball field in need of repair. Great Circle has requested help with ball field in the Kirkwood area. Motion for MVGCSA involvement made by Khris Rickman with second by Tim Roethler. All agreed this to be good public exposure for the MVGCSA. Initial budget of $500 requested. Motion by Khris Rickman, second by Tim Roethler. All approved. Tentative work schedule set for Wednesday May 25th at 3:00 PM.

 

NEXT BOD MEETING – June 8, 2016. Host Tim Schwierjohn

 

MOTION TO ADJOURN           Motion by  Rob Kick         Second by  Rob Schaff