BMM – July 2016


Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – July 13, 2016 – Trailhead Brewery – Bucher/Armbruster



Mike Null

Rob Schaff

Jim Buford

Kolby Armbruster

Dan  Randant

Paul Hurst – (A)


Tim Roethler

Khris Rickman

Rob Kick

Jimmy Bucher

Tim Doll – Website (A)

Ed Eschbacher

Greg Parkinson (A)

Justen Patterson

Tim Schwierjohn

Chuck Gast – DO



Presidents Report [Mike Null]

Mike briefly discussed a recent conversation with Greg Parkinson. Greg’s been quite busy of late but wants to continue his position on the MVGCSA Board.

Discussed necessity of punctuality in regards to writing articles for the Gateway Green.

Approval of Minutes 6/9/16         Motion by  Justen Patterson     Second by   Khris Rickman


Treasurer’s Report   [Jim Buford] 

Current balance reported:  $62,973.68    (Green Cup bill at Greenbriar Hills - about $10K still outstanding)


Education [Tim Schwierjohn / Greg Parkinson/ Justen Patterson]

No July event. Next event August 15 at the Highlands. Morning 9-hole event. Tim Schwierjohn to get details from Host Dave Pini.

Schwierjohn, Patterson, Lloyd and Burch to formulate survey to poll membership for requested topics for upcoming educational seminars i.e. MoGIC and Shop Tour. Chuck to send survey in email to membership once survey completed.

Research [Rob Schaff / Rob Kick]

Check from MoGIC Conference should be in mail now to MVGCSA. Approx $1,700.

Leisure Ponds has donated (4) $25 gift certificates for future MVGCSA events.

Discussion of KIG initiative:

Date possibly late October

Reviewing variety of entertainment options (i.e. mouse races, casino night, bingo…)


Request to send invoices to clubs for the KIG Initiative - $500 OWCC, Boone Valley, etc. Rob Kick to write request letter to accompany invoice.

Membership [Khris Rickman]

4 new members presented for approval.

Tom Keeven Jr. – Asc – Heartland Turf farms

Mark Brady II – SM – Woodlands CC

Neal Sansone – Asc – Munie Green Care

Ryan Cheney – C – Meadowbrook CC


Mentioned potential dues increase – more to follow as study is underway.


Membership Outreach [Jim Buford]

Member Everett Tuggle passed away. $75 donation made to the Children’s Shriners Hospital

Ethics/Bylaws [Tim Roethler]

No report

Director of Operations [Chuck Gast]

Green Cup 2016 discussion:

Net $7,663 for 2016 Green Cup

18 comp’s in 2016 compared to 8 comp’s in 2015 – 18 @ $75=$1,350 cost to MV

105 players – 108 paid (max amount)

Look at less comp’s for 2017. Possibly less prizes as this is a fundraiser for scholarships and research.

SIGCSA and HAGCSA to get one team comp but players must be from home Association

Host club to get team comp(s)

Title sponsor comp to be built into title sponsor fee

Green Cup Comm to review future guidelines for upcoming Green Cups

Bayer has stepped up again and will sponsor food for the 2017 Green Cup


Member dues – 137 (62%) of 220 paid to date totals $20,100. Approx $10,890 dues outstanding. Sept 1st is deadline for membership dues to avoid being dropped from membership list.

23 new members so far for 2016-17


Discussion of Hospitality Night agreement letter between MVGCSA and HAGCSA. Letter to be signed by Presidents of both Associations. Deadline for securing venue will be set at March 1st of the preceding year. (letter attached in BOD minutes binder)


Aug 15 event at Highlands – no food

Sept 12 event at Joachim – possible 18 hole event (play 9 twice)


Assistant Liaisons  [Jimmy Bucher / Kolby Armbruster]

Searching for time and place for fall (Sept-Oct) Assistants meeting. Possible 9-holes at OWCC with roundtable meeting at grill afterwards.

Associate Liaisons  [Ed Eschbacher / Dan Randant]

No report


Discussion of future editor of Gateway Green. Hurst needs an Assistant for no less than 1 year. Null, Kick, Buford, Patterson, Gast to meet with Paul Hurst and Mike Carron to discuss intended direction. GG/MVGCSA package for corporate sponsors.

Corporate sponsor packages have good start with Tim Schwierjohn as Chair.


Discuss potential dues increase – include GHIN fees or not. To be completed prior to annual meeting. Tim Roethler/Khris Rickman as Co-Chairs.

NEXT BOD MEETING – Aug 10, 2016. Host Rob Schaff   Tap House as tentative location


MOTION TO ADJOURN           Motion by  Tim Schwierjohn         Second by  Rob kick